UP Election 2022 Result Live Updates: Yogi Adityanath leads in stronghold Gorakhpur, UP election results 2022 Live: In the first hour of counting, the BJP has gained a comfortable lead in early trends. Akhilesh Yadav’s Samajwadi Party is at the number 2 spot.
UP Election Results 2022 LIVE updates:
The BJP is set to retain Uttar Pradesh for a second term after the party gained massive leads in the first two hours of counting of votes in the northern state. The 2022 assembly election has turned out to be one of the most interesting election battles in the country. Akhilesh Yadav – who had been taking on the BJP on a gamut of issues – was the Samajwadi Party’s chief ministerial candidate. With caste dynamics playing a critical role as always in UP, Yadav’s allies were leaders of the Jat community and those representing the backward castes. The Congress and Mayawati’s BSP were also among the challengers. The UP election result 2022 will set the tone for the 2024 Lok Sabha Elections where several opposition leaders are trying to form an anti-BJP front. The UP Assembly Election 2022 was held in seven phases between February 10 and March 7.
Exit polls indicated that the BJP will be able to cross the 200-mark in the 403-member assembly in UP and claim a majority. Akhilesh Yadav’s Samajwadi Party was projected as the first runner-up. The trends show that exit polls were right. Ahead of counting of votes, however, Akhilesh Yadav alleged manipulation of EVMs. Some poll officials have been removed.
Follow all the updates here:
- Mar 10, 2022 10:53 AM ISTElections live: Yogi Adityanath leads in stronghold GorakhpurYogi Adityanath is leading in stronghold Gorakhpur
- Mar 10, 2022 10:51 AM ISTRLD candidate ahead in SiwalkhasGulam Mohd of the RLD leading on Siwalkhas seat in Meerut. RLD chief Jayant Chaudhury had faced opposition for fielding Muslim candidate from the seat.
- Mar 10, 2022 10:46 AM ISTUP election live: Exit polls were right? Mayawati’s BSP and the Congress have not moved past single digits in early leads – the exit polls were right in that regard.
- Mar 10, 2022 10:42 AM ISTNo dent from AAP in UP AAP, which has delivered a fabulous performance in Punjab, has not made a dent in UP. This was the first assembly election in the state that the party fought.
- Mar 10, 2022 10:35 AM ISTUP election result: Deputy speaker of Assembly leading in Hardoi Deputy speaker of UP assembly, Nitin Agarwal, leading from the Hardoi seat by 8,000 votes
- Mar 10, 2022 10:32 AM ISTUP election result: UP minister Nand Gopal Gupta leadeing in Allahabad South SeatAllahabad South Seat: After the third round, UP minister and sitting MLA Nand Gopal Gupta “Nandi” is leading with 12,703 votes while the SP’s Raish Chandra Shukla is at the second place with 6,614 votes.
- Mar 10, 2022 10:31 AM ISTUP election result live- Update from LucknowLucknow Cantt – BJP: 3,790; SP- 2,447Lucknow Central – BJP: 4,555; SP – 2,497Bakshi Ka Talab BJP: 7, 581; SP – 6,137
- Mar 10, 2022 10:26 AM ISTSoraon assembly seat updateJamuna Prasad Saroj of Apna Dal (S) is leading with 2,230 votes while Geeta Shastri of the Samajwadi Party is at the second spot with 2,811 votes. Anand Bhartiya of the BSP has got 816 votes while Manoj Kumar Pasi of Congress has received 44 votes so far.
- Mar 10, 2022 10:25 AM ISTBJP gain in other states too BJP is leading in Uttarakhand, Manipur and Goa too. Early projections suggest the party is set to retain these states.
- Mar 10, 2022 10:23 AM ISTUP elections live: Akhilesh Yadav’s uncle, Shivpal, trailing in stronghold Akhilesh Yadav’s uncle, Shivpal Yadav, is trailing in his stronghold of Jaswant Nagar, news agency ANI reported.
- Mar 10, 2022 10:10 AM ISTUP election results live: UP minister Sidharth Nath Singh leading BJP candidate from Allahabad West seat and UP Cabinet minister Sidharth Nath Singh now leading by a margin of 1,147 votes after the second round of counting. Sidharth Nath Singh has got 7879 votes so far while Richa Singh of SP has got 6,432 votes.
- Mar 10, 2022 10:00 AM ISTUP elections live: Where BJP is maintaining lead BJP leads Rath assembly seat in Hamirpur by 2,811 votesIn Lalitpur, after 4th round the BJP is leading by 10,000 votes.In Mahoba, BJP leads by 8,060 votes
- Mar 10, 2022 09:56 AM ISTUP election results: Where BSP is leadingBSP leads Madhaugarh seat in Jalaun by 400 votes.
- Mar 10, 2022 09:55 AM ISTBJP ahead in Mirzapur BJP leading by 200 votes in Mirzapur Nagar Vidhan SabhaRatnakar Mishra of BJP – 2,800 votesKailash Chaurasia of SP – 2,600 votes
- Mar 10, 2022 09:48 AM ISTUP election results live: Akhilesh Yadav leads in family stronghold
Samajwadi Party (SP) chief Akhilesh Yadav with Om Prakash Rajbhar (unseen) addresses a joint press conference over the EVM security issue at the party office, in Lucknow on Tuesday. (ANI Photo) (HT_PRINT)
Akhilesh Yadav, who is contesting his first assembly election, is ahead in Mainpuri’s Karhal with over 7,000 votes.
- Mar 10, 2022 09:44 AM ISTMayawati’s muted poll campaign and early trends Former chief minister Mayawati had a muted campaign this election season yet she said she was confident of her party’s win. The early trends show her party is stuck in single digits.
- Mar 10, 2022 09:40 AM ISTUP election results: Covid clouded the campaign The election campaign was clouded due to the third wave of coronavirus – driven by Omicron. The Election Commission had put restrictions in the state.
- Mar 10, 2022 09:37 AM ISTUP elections live: BJP edges closer to half-way mark Nearly two hours into the counting of votes, the BJP is already edging closer to the half-way mark in UP.
- Mar 10, 2022 09:18 AM ISTUP election results live: BJP’s Alka Singh leading… BJP’s Alka Singh leading in Sandila Assembly constituency, news agency ANI reports
- Mar 10, 2022 09:08 AM ISTAn edge for SP in this constituency Kishan Dixit of the Samajwadi Party is ahead of the BJP’s Neelkanth Tiwari at Varanasi South assembly cosntituency that the BJP has been winning since 1989.
- Mar 10, 2022 09:05 AM ISTUP election results live: Backward caste leader OP Rajbhar trailing in his constituency Akhilesh Yadav ally OP Rajbhar trailing in his Zahoorabad constituency
- Mar 10, 2022 09:02 AM ISTUP election results: BJP candidate from Allahabad West seat UP cabinet minister Sidharth Nath Singh is the BJP’s candiate from the Allahabad West seat
- Mar 10, 2022 08:59 AM ISTOpposition blaming EVMs for defeat, says UP minister “Administration has taken stringent action against suspicious movements of EVMs but opposition parties are creating ruckus, they’ve already started blaming EVMs for their defeat in assembly elections,” UP minister Sidharth Nath Singh was quoted as saying by news agency ANI.
- Mar 10, 2022 08:57 AM ISTUP election results 2022: ‘Lucky constituencies’ to be in focusAlapur assembly segment of Ambedkarnagar for instance – has been electing lawmakers from ruling side since 2007Kasganj assembly – that once elected former CM Kalyan Singh – has been bellwether of sortsHastinapur
- Mar 10, 2022 08:48 AM ISTUP election results live: Congress’s Ajay Kumal Lallu trailing, say reports Some reports said that UP Congress chief Ajay Kumal Lallu is trailing in his constituency of Tamukhi Raj.
- Mar 10, 2022 08:44 AM ISTUP elections: A look at 2017 figures In the 2017 polls, the BJP (plus allies) got 325 seats, while the Samajwadi Party won 54 seats. Mayawati’s BSP got just 19 seats.
- Mar 10, 2022 08:40 AM ISTNarrowing margin between BJP , SP Some reports said that the margin is narrowing between the BJP and the Samajwadi Party.
- Mar 10, 2022 08:38 AM ISTUP election results live: ‘Strictly monitoring counting process,’ Gautam Budh Nagar official “Counting has started with postal ballots while EVMs will be opened shortly, security forces are strictly monitoring the counting process along with local police and three tier security system,” Gautam Budh Nagar DM Suhah LY was quoted as saying by news agency ANI.
- Mar 10, 2022 08:36 AM ISTUP election results 2022: What Samajwadi Party workers did ahead of counting dayThey sang and danced and kept a vigil on EVMs. “UP mein cycle hein aayegi (Cycle – the party symbol of SP – will come in Uttar Pradesh),” the song rent the air. Visuals of how Samajwadi Party workers began the countdown were shared by news agency ANI.
- Mar 10, 2022 08:27 AM ISTUP Election Results 2022- Here are the key candidates in the state:> OBC leader Omprakash Rajbhar is contesting from Ghazipur’s Zahoorabad> Seasoned politician Raghuraj Pratap Singh contesting from Pratapgarh’s Kunda> UP Congress chief Ajay Kumar Lallu contesting from Tamukhi Raj> Azam Khan, the current Rampur MP, of Samajwadi Party again contesting from the same constituency